Pages

Search This Blog

Chitika

Appearance of Epstein pearls in the mouth of newborn infants



Epstein's pearls are very common and benign small white or yellow cystic vesicles (1 to 3 mm in size) often seen in the median palatal raphe of the mouth of newborn infants (occur in 65-85% of newborns).

It represents epithelial tissue that becomes trapped during the palatal fusion. On palpation, these are firm papules that can be appreciated when the infant is sucking on the examiner's finger. They do not require treatment as they resolve spontaneously over the first few weeks of life.

Epstein Pearl in 5 week old infant

4 comments:

  1. I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. 男人陽痿的原因

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good critique. Me and my friend were just preparing to do some research about this. We grabbed a book from our local library but I think I’ve learned better from this post. I’m very glad to see such magnificent info being shared freely out there.. boots pcr test for travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, the labyrinth was such a good post. From opinion I have to make a note of enjoy this further . . . slacking and as a consequence real world project carryout a top notch article… anyhow assist with Naturally i say… I personally put it off a large amount certainly not the slightest bit appear go undertaken. Covid Test stoke on trent

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...